Monday 20 May 2019

Lobster Telephone by Salvador Dali (1904-1989)




Dali was a master of the absurd.  The combination of crustacean and old style telephone is very striking.

This is not a painting – the plaster lobster has been attached to a telephone.

My attention was drawn to this work by a huge doorstop of a book I got from the library – The Art Book from Phaidon Press.  Get it out if you have strong enough muscles.   There are 579 pages, each dedicated to one work by an artist.  The artists are in alpha order so you get interesting juxtapositions between modern art and old masters.

1 comment:

  1. I love Dali's works!! I've visited the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida. It's worth a visit if you are a Dali fan.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers