Tuesday 14 May 2019

Fancy Baked Eggs – I need to give this another go


Carole's Chatter: Fancy Baked Eggs  - again


For a little brunch treat I gussied up some baked eggs.  The eggs turned out just fine although the pancetta on top was a bit on the chewy side.

Carole's Chatter: Fancy Baked Eggs  - again

I lined some ramekins with baking paper (a whole lot easier than buttering them).  Crack an egg into each one.  Add a little cream and parmesan cheese and pepper (I used cayenne for a bit of a kick).  Put in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes – or until your desired amount of doneness is reached.

While the eggs are cooking chop up a little pancetta (or bacon) and fry it until crisp.  Add to the top of the finished eggs once they have been taken out of the ramekins and paper.  If I had had some nice fresh herbs, a tiny bit on top would have been a nice garnish.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers