Tuesday 7 May 2019

Crumbed Mushrooms – Revisited


Carole's Chatter: Crumbed Mushrooms Revisited


These crumbed mushrooms were a complete experiment.  My better half is not that keen on mushrooms so I wanted to find a different way of doing them.  I thought that a bit of crunch might be a good thing.

I was using ordinary little white button mushrooms.  I de-stalked them.

I made an egg mix with some crème fraiche, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper – whisked until nice and smooth.

Dip each mushroom into the mix and then roll in panko – Japanese breadcrumbs.

Fry the crumbed mushrooms until golden on both sides.  They were crunchy but still very noticeably mushroomy on the inside.  I will be doing them again – maybe with a little more spice.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that sounds nice. I'm sorry your other half isn't keen on them. I'm lucky that we both looooove them. I will try therecipe. Thanks! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to fry stuff so I made these in the oven today. Delicious!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers