Monday 22 April 2019

The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd




The Dark Side of the Moon was Pink Floyd's 8th album but for me it was the first one I listened to.  I was in High School and my mother had a class party for her form – and they were a sophisticated lot – they brought over this album.

There were many great (and daring) tracks on it – I thought Comfortably Numb was one of them – but on checking find it comes from The Wall.  So much for my memory.

The cover was truly iconic.

The album was recorded between 1972 and 1973. It was a concept album exploring the themes of conflict, greed, time and mental illness.  But it was thrilling rather than grim.

A great album by a great band.

1 comment:

  1. I Love Comfortably Numb. We have all the Pink Floyd and David Gilmour solo CDs. I was fortunate enough to see them in Miami back in the 70's,

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers