Monday 1 April 2019

Songs about Linda




This one's for my good blog friend Linda – check out her charming blog here.  So here are some songs about Linda – I'm sure they're not all applicable except for the name!

The Lovely Linda – Paul McCartney
La La La La La La,
Lovely Linda,
With The Lovely Flowers In Her Hair.

Slow Down Linda – Eric Clapton

So slow down, slow down Linda.
Don't you think that you could save a little time with me?
So slow down, slow down Linda.
Don't you know that I've been waiting for your company?

I've seen you speeding down the highway when you ought to dig the scenery.
And you can wolf down your dinner in the time it takes to drink my tea.
You're always rushing 'round everywhere you go,
You leave me eating dirt on the side of the road.
I can't keep running much longer you always go too fast for me.

Oh, Linda – Gordon Lightfoot

I saw Linda late last night
Dressed for town she looked alright
Painted eyes and lips like wine
Walkin' on down with a friend of mine
Oh gal don't you say so long
I feel like I could die
Look out baby the moon is falling
Down from your sky

Twistin' with Linda – The Isley Brothers

Don't you know that
I know a girl that twists so fine
(Twistin' with Linda)
You know she can't sit still
She twitches all the time
(Twistin' with Linda)

A Linda Song – Barry Manilow

He never wrote a song for Linda
He wrote as though he lived alone
He wrote of dreams that end
And of sad brave men
Inventing worlds he'd never known
But he never wrote a song for Linda
And she was right there all along
Loved him back to life
When his luck ran low
But he never wrote a Linda song

Legend of a Girl Child, Linda – Donovan

I will bring you gold apples and grapes made of rubies
That have shone in the eyes of a prince of the breeze.
Bright cascading crystals, they danced in the sand dunes
On the beach of no footprints to harpsichord tunes.
A throne of white ivory, a gown of white lace
Lies still in the magic of a timeless place.

And then there are the artists with Linda as their name  like the great Linda Ronstadt.

1 comment:

  1. I was catching up on my friends and rushed right over here to see what you said about Linda!! Some of these songs are new to me!
    There's one I know that is of questionable taste......I heard it on a radio station that plays old country music while I was in the country last month. 'Linda on my Mind' by Conway Twitty.
    Thank you for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers