Sunday 21 April 2019

Mascarpone Soft Scrambled Eggs


Carole's Chatter: Mascarpone Soft Scrambled Eggs


These Mascarpone Soft Scrambled Eggs ended up not being to our particular taste – I think the problem was that I used too much mascarpone in both the scramble and the pea mixture. So if you are going to try this I suggest you halve the mascarpone.

Ingredients:

5 eggs
200 g mascarpone
Frozen peas (a handful)
Parmesan cheese
Butter – tiny bit
Salt & Pepper

Method:

Mash together the peas (thawed), grated parmesan (nice heap) and half of the mascarpone (see my note above)

Whisk the eggs and other half of the mascarpone.

Melt your butter in the pan (I added a drop of oil as well)

Pour in the eggs and stir until they are ¾ cooked then dollop on the pea mixture.  The cooking took a surprisingly long time – would be quicker with less mascarpone.

Put onto the plate and season with salt and pepper

4 comments:

  1. This sounds perfectly simple, but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Claudia -- it does sound good. But I'll take your advice to use less mascarpone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet cream cheese would work too.

    Your Brussel Sprouts rock! Big hit :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers