Saturday 9 March 2019

Where the Light Gets In by Lucy Dillon




Lucy Dillon is a very accomplished author.  I can't remember reading any of her books before but will try some more based on Where the Light Gets In.

The story drew me in quickly and I read voraciously until I had to get the tissues out at the end – it's not a tragedy but the death of an old lady was very affecting.

This is set in a British village and could be described as an aga saga – except there was no aga!  It's really about relationships and finding out what you are good at.

I also liked the allusion to the Leonard Cohen song in the title.

3 comments:

  1. I would love this book and I'm going to look for this one! Love British settings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing me to a book I had not heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like British settings too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers