Sunday 10 March 2019

Carrot Gratin


Carole's Chatter: Carrot Gratin



I did this Carrot Gratin but didn't like eating it.  I am posting about it because it might be to your taste.  For me it's an acquired taste.

Ingredients

Shredded carrot – mine was raw – might have been better cooked
White pasta sauce/cream/Dijon mustard/Salt  pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
Breadcrumbs
Butter

Method

Put your shredded carrot into an ovenproof dish.  Pour your seasoned pasta sauce mustard mix over it.

Put a layer of grated parmesan over it and then a layer of breadcrumbs.

Finish with some knobs of butter.  Bake in a moderate oven for at least half an hour.

4 comments:

  1. I love carrots, raw or cooked. This sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the recipe Carole? It does sound as though the carrot would be better cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love carrots too -- this sounds like a recipe to play with. I wonder if carrots sliced thin on the diagonal and then blanched would have worked better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you posted it. You are correct, some folks may like this one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers