Tuesday 5 March 2019

Beef Hot Pot – Again


Carole's Chatter: Beef Hot Pot - Again!


I called this dish a Hot Pot – but I am sure it doesn't qualify technically to be called that – particularly since it doesn't have a layer of potato on top.

The ingredients were:

Gravy beef
½ onion
2 cloves garlic
Tomato puree (or passata)
Red wine
Salt and pepper
A thickening agent – in my case a hot pot mix but I could have used gravy mix.

I didn't brown anything.  Just put it into the casserole dish and cooked it away on low for 1 ½ hours.

After tasting it, I added ½ teaspoon of sugar to balance the acidity of the tomatoes.  Then in went a carrot, potato, some pumpkin pieces, celery stalk and leek – all chopped into largish pieces.  And some chilli of course.

Serve when the vegetables are tender.

1 comment:

  1. So.....I have a lot of gravy left from a pot roast I cooked....could I make this from that?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers