Tuesday 12 February 2019

Gotta get that slow cooker into action – Chicken Thighs Thai style


Carole's Chatter: Gotta get that slow cooker into action – Chicken Thighs Thai style


As part of my quest to conquer my slow cooker, I tried a Thai style dish – Chicken Thighs.  I put a layer of thick potato and carrot slices on the bottom of the cooker.  Then laid the chicken thighs (cut into thirds) on top and added soy sauce, fish sauce, palm sugar, juice of ½ a lemon, ½ tsp of curry powder, 1 frozen pod of yellow curry paste (you could use a commercial paste) and 2 tablespoons of water.

After a couple of hours on low I checked and found I needed to add a little more water.  It is very hard to resist the temptation to take the lid off and stir etc but I understand that every time you do means an added ½ an hour of cooking time.

I added about ¼ cup of coconut milk about 30 minutes before the end. 

One reasonably successful experiment – it tasted like a proper curry.

1 comment:

  1. The recipe you've shared sounds delicious!! I look forward to trying it out!

    I love using my slow cooker to make meals. One of my favorite chicken thigh recipes to make in my slow cooker is Honey Garlic Chicken. Here's a lik for the recipe I've used in the past: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236609/honey-garlic-slow-cooker-chicken-thighs/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers