Sunday 24 February 2019

Brussel Sprouts 'Carbonara'


Carole's Chatter: Brussel Sprouts 'Carbonara'


I know Brussel Sprouts are good for you.  But I have had difficulty with the taste.  This time I've found a way to enjoy them courtesy of some naughty ingredients.  I'll be doing it again.

Ingredients:

Brussel Sprouts
Bacon
Crispy onions (store bought)
Cream
Pepper
Parmesan cheese
Parsley for garnish

Method:

Halve the sprouts and cook them for 5 minutes in boiling water.

Then refresh them with cold water – important to stop them cooking on. Drain the liquid away and let them sit.

Cook your bacon – I cut it up into little pieces first but you could do that after if you likes.

Pour the cooked bacon and bacon fat over the sprouts.  Add your cream and pepper plus ½ a cup or so of grated parmesan.  Heat it all gently.

Garnish with chopped parsley.  Yummo!

4 comments:

  1. I've cooked brussels sprouts with bacon before with good results. Also like them roasted in olive oil and garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brussels sprouts -- I also roast them in olive oil and garlic. So, so good. But I agree that bacon and Brussels sprouts seem to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try them and try new recipes but they don't ever seem to taste good to me. Now your way may be something I can handle - bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've just started experimenting with brussel sprouts and found we like them as long as we don't oven roast them. I'll try your recipe, sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers