Monday 21 January 2019

Rubber Soul By The Beatles




Rubber Soul is quite possibly the best album of all time – but I'm biased.  This was probably the first album I ever paid any attention to.

But to defend my opinion – the songs are almost all fantastic.  They were (as issued in the UK):

Side 1
Drive My Car
Norwegian Wood
You Won't See Me
Nowhere Man
Think for Yourself
The Word
Michelle

Side 2
What Goes On
Girl
I'm Looking Through You
In My Life
Wait
If I Needed Someone
Run for Your Life

Now the production values were limited by the technology of the time – 1965 – imagine what the Beatles would have achieved if they had had the technology of today!

The title of the album seems to fit – but only because we associate it with the songs not the individual words.

Rolling Stone rated this album the 5th best of all time.  But what would they know…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers