Tuesday 18 December 2018

Showing you my early post about Cheese and Crackers

Carole's Chatter: Cheese and crackers



I was looking back to see which food posts deserved a re-run and came across one about Cheese and Crackers – talk about basic!  It was in the very first spurt of blogging… (March 2012) here is what I said:

I did a plate of snacks which turned out not only to look good but also to taste good.  The key was the use of different colour.  I didn’t use any spread – just cheese (in this case a speciality Colby called Stirling) and a slice of gherkin topped off with salmon caviare – a little pot of this stuff will go a long way.  It adds a little textural pop – not really fishy – and some great colour.  I put a little coriander on the plate for extra green.  

One mistake I made is to salt and pepper after putting it onto the plate – so if I had done that on a board before the plate would have looked much better.  I guess you could use any sort of crackers but I used some really thin ones – because I view all crackers as nutritionally rubbish and so the less of them there is the better.

1 comment:

  1. You can’t go wrong with cheese and crackers!!!! I’m serving a platter tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers