Monday 1 October 2018

Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison




Pretty woman, walkin' down the street
Pretty woman the kind I like to meet
Pretty woman I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you, mercy

Pretty woman won't you pardon me
Pretty woman I couldn't help but see
Pretty woman that you look lovely as can be
Are you lonely just like me

This song will transport you back to 1964. It was Orbison's second number one. (The first was 'Running Scared')

I also remember the song in the context of the movie Pretty Woman

The song is apparently rockabilly – an early Western style rock and roll.

1 comment:

  1. Louis Dean and I LOVE this song!!! We love Roy Orbison!! I remember him from my youth!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers