Sunday 21 October 2018

Fresh Horseradish Cream Sauce – Great with Beef!


Carole's Chatter: Fresh Horseradish Cream Sauce - great with Beef!


This Horseradish Cream Sauce was simple to make – the only trick is finding a store that stocks fresh horseradish root.  There is no point making it if you can't get the fresh stuff.  I discovered that this sauce was not only great with beef but also with mushrooms and potatoes.

Ingredients:

1 cup of sour cream (or reduced cream + lemon juice)
¼ cup of grated fresh horseradish
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon if rice wine vinegar (any white vinegar would work)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon of ground pepper

Method:

This one's easy just mix all the ingredients together and leave the mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours before using.  The flavours meld together during that time.

4 comments:

  1. We had some delicious horseradish cream sauce with prime rib during our visit to Seattle last month. Definitely a great combination.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love horseradish -- one of my brothers makes a mean sauce -- I'll have to send him a link to your version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sauce sounds excellent, though I don't know where I'd find the fresh stuff. May have to make do with the prepared kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love horseradish - what a great sauce- my supermarket always stock fresh horseradish root!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers