Wednesday 13 June 2018

A Round Up of Food Photography Books




This post is not a review of these books as such but more intended to let you know that they are available (in my case free from the library).  Each one was worthwhile and provided inspiration to improve my food pics.

Food Photography for Bloggers by Matt Armendariz.  The author was a creative director in food advertising who started a blog in 2005.  The book is specifically targeted at bloggers.  Ironically, I thought the cover didn't really show off his talents.


Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots (2nd edition) by Nicole S Young. The author is a full time photographer and blogger.  Her advice is clear and not unduly technical.  There are sections of the book about Photoshop (which I have but don't use).  I skipped over them.  I was inspired to set up a more permanent photo set by this one.


Food Photography: A Beginner's Guide to Creating Appetizing Images by Corinna Gissemann.  This book is not as entertaining as some but it is highly practical.  I picked up some great tips for setting up photos – some of which I'll have to practise.  And I liked her style of photos.  The one below is a fave (and it was on a slant in the book).





Food Styling & Photography For Dummies by Alison Parks-Whitfield.  If you've ever read a For Dummies book you'll know how things are approached.  There are some good tips in here   but this is not the book to read to get styling inspiration – I actually found the quality of the photos not that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers