Tuesday 20 February 2018

Brined butter poached pork – a Tuesday rehash



Carole's Chatter: Brined Butter Poached Pork


First I brined the pork by leaving it to soak in salted water overnight and then I poached it in butter – which sounds decadent I know – but actually I kept the butter afterwards and used it in a variety of dishes over the next week or so.

To poach the pork, I simply popped it into large pot and covered it with melted butter – no boiling just a gentle simmer – took less than half an hour.  I didn't sear the pork first so that is why it looks quite pale.

As you can see I served it accompanied by hand cut baked fries and bok choy.

Before baking the fries I par boiled them for 5 minutes – which helps them be nice and fluffy in the middle and then the baking crisps up the outside.  To bake them I sprinkled them with salt flakes and tossed them in olive oil.

The bok choy was quickly sautéed with ginger and chopped brazil nuts.  I cut the stalks up finely and gave them a couple of minutes before putting the leafy parts in.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious. I've never heard of cooking pork that way, I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers