Monday 23 October 2017

Rock Around The Clock – Bill Haley & The Comets





One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock rock
Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock rock
Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock rock
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight
Put your glad rags on, join me, Hon
We'll have some fun when the clock strikes one
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight
We're gonna rock, rock, rock, 'til broad daylight
We're gonna rock, gonna rock around the clock tonight

I think this was the first rock and roll number I ever heard.  My mother was a big Jim Reeves fan so that is what I heard most.  Rock Around The Clock was a whole new world!

The first recording of this was in 1954!  Hard to believe. It wasn't an instant success – it was a B side originally.  But then it took off big time.  For a while Bill Haley was the King of Rock and Roll until more charismatic types like Elvis came along.

To remind yourself of this great little number, head over to this YouTube clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers