Tuesday 5 September 2017

Forked Roast Potatoes - Again



Carole's Chatter: Forked Roast Potatoes Again


I spotted this idea in a cookbook I had out from the library and it seemed to be an easy but good way to roast potatoes.

I have called these potatoes Forked Roast Potatoes because you split the potatoes with a fork just before they go in the oven.

Now be careful how you say the name of this dish!

You just parboil scrubbed potatoes cut into half if they are large ones.  This means boiling them until they are half soft.  Then drain them.

Then the forking!  Now don't press the fork down horizontally – just use the side of the fork to split the potatoes.  I know the first way doesn't work through experience.

Then just drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper them.  You could add fresh herbs – I didn't have any but I did add a pinch of rosemary and some chilli flakes.

In an ideal world I'd have had some fresh horseradish to grate over them just before serving.  That would have been fantastic.  But these potatoes did get the better half's seal of approval.

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! I'm going to try this method of cooking potatoes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers