Tuesday 29 August 2017

Rice Cakes - Reprised



Carole's Chatter: Rice Cakes Reprised


These Rice Cakes were a first for me – but it won't be a last, that's for sure.  They were inspired by Nigel Slater.

You make the rice cakes using leftover cold cooked rice (preferably fridge cold).  You could also use leftover risotto.

I added some finely diced chilli, red capsicum (bell pepper), herbs and a tomato along with some salt, pepper, fish sauce and crème fraiche.

Then stir in some diced cheese – I used Egmont cheese which is a type of Colby.

Form into little oblongish shapes and dip in some beaten egg and then crumb them.

They need to be shallow fried very gently.  They are very fragile but so yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I love Nigel Slater, so glad you posted this recipe. I have been off line with a death in the family but I sure want to get back to blogging, and reading about food and books.

    Great recipe, I need to try this one as I have leftover rice.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers