Wednesday 12 July 2017

Rise & Shine, Benedict Stone by Phaedra Patrick






I loved The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper so I was eagerly looking forward to Rise & Shine, Benedict Stone.

This book was a fun read.  Benedict Stone is a stick in the mud jeweller in a small village.  His niece Gemma lands on him unexpectedly.  Things develop from there.

Every chapter is named after a gemstone and its qualities – and throughout the book there is quite a bit more about gemstones – but not at all in a boring way.  When I checked the author bio I saw that she had previously worked as a stained glass artist – so that might explain it.

So this is indeed a gem of a novel – and having the surname Stone and a girl called Gemma is very apt.

This book is a winner – I recommend it to you.

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When an autho had background about a subject it can be enlightening. Glad this was told in an entertaining and interesting way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed this book too. :)_

    Have you read THE SECRET CHARMS OF ARTHUR PEPPER?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers