Tuesday 25 July 2017

Lamb Ragout Revisited



Carole's Chatter: Lamb Ragout


I cooked this lamb ragout for a long time in a low heated oven. 

So everything went into my casserole dish as follows:

Lamb shoulder chops
Onions
Grated ginger
Red chilli
Leek
Carrot
Potato
Garlic
Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of dried tarragon
Chicken stock concentrate
Can of chopped Italian tomatoes (mine were flavoured with chilli and garlic)
Spring vegetable dried soup packet (could be onion or mushroom or even tomato)
Tomato paste
Raisins
Salt and pepper

I haven't put many quantities in because it doesn't really matter – just don't overdo the tarragon.

This was cooked for 3 hours at 150ÂșC (which is about 300 in Fahrenheit).  I threw in some frozen peas in the last 5 minutes to add a nice touch of colour and flavour.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if this would taste good with any other meat

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I love lamb, so this is for me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers