Tuesday 6 June 2017

Tuesday rehash - Scalloped Potatoes & Kumara



Carole's Chatter: Scalloped Potatoes & Kumara


These Scalloped Potatoes & Kumara are not for the dieting set.  They are unashamedly rich and creamy.

To make them I layered up slices of potato and kumara (NZ sweet potato) in a baking dish.  I seasoned each layer with salt and pepper and sprinkled some finely minced onion and garlic on as well.

Finally I poured some homemade chicken stock over it and some cream.

Having already gone for it with cream I also put some knobs of butter on top.

Carole's Chatter: Scalloped Potatoes & Kumara
I cooked it slowly in a low oven covered with foil.  I took the foil off for the last 20 minutes so it got a bit of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers