Tuesday 30 May 2017

Poached Feijoas – a Tuesday rehash for you



Carole's Chatter: Poached Feijoas


Feijoas poached in wine – a real treat!  If you are familiar with feijoas (you might know them as Pineapple Guavas) then you'll know that they have a distinctive and fabulous flavour.

I heated up ¾ cup of sugar, 1 cup of white wine (I used viognier but it could be any white wine), ½ cup of water, juice of ½ a lemon, splosh of vanilla essence and a couple of bay leaves.  I simmered the feijoas cut in half in this mixture for 10 minutes.

Then take the feijoas out and boil the remaining liquid until it is syrupy.

You can serve this just with a little cream – my preference – or you could add some chopped nuts on top!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of these, but I know I'd love them. I love just about any poached fruit! These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers