Wednesday 12 April 2017

The Really Quite Good British Cookbook




The Really Quite Good British Cookbook impressed me so much that I asked my better half to buy me a copy for my birthday.  I have a love hate relationship with cookbooks.  I get lots out of the library and so often find only a couple of good ideas in each one.

There are so many things to like about this book.  The title – such lovely British understatement.  The design.  The lovely photos.  And then the recipes.  And the ribbon bookmark built in.  The only minor downside is that the book doesn't sit as flat as it would if it was ringbound.

The recipes are all from well-known British chefs and foodies.

I have made a list of things to try including – Deep-Fried Stuffed Olives, Shrimp & Dill Fritters with Ouzo, Potted Shrimps on Toast, Smoke Haddock SoufflĂ© & Horseradish Cream, Toad in the Hole, Hot Buttered Crab, Ham in Coca Cola, Overnight Roast Pork Belly with Pears & Thyme, Churros and Damson Ice Cream.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers