Wednesday 8 March 2017

Peaches for Monsieur le Curé by Joanne Harris



I loved Chocolat so when I realised that there was a sort of sequel to it, I got it from the library and prepared to enjoy.

It wasn't quite what I expected but turned out great.  I found it a little slow at the beginning but by the end my tear ducts got a bit of a work out – in a happy way.

The magical character Vianne is back as is the crusty old priest.  But there is trouble in Lansquenet.  And it doesn't come from quite the quarter you expect. 

If you liked Chocolat and want a new dose, this is the book for you.

PS  I think this book is called Peaches for Father Francis in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers