Saturday 11 February 2017

Islands by Bruce Ansley and Jane Ussher



Islands is an unusual book – and as a result it is quite special.  When I first ordered it from the library I thought it would be a book with beautiful photos of many of the Islands on the coast of New Zealand.  And there are photos – but not chocolate boxey ones. 

The fantastic bonus was the little story that accompanied the photos.  Little vignettes about the people associated with the islands and some of the history.  Never boring and for most of the islands I was left wanting to know more.

So often photo books are just that – nice photos and the writing is boring.  Not this book.  I hugely recommend it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers