Monday 6 February 2017

Bunny Walters – RIP

Got to love the outfit!

A couple of months ago I was sad to hear of the death of Bunny Walters.  So when I was thinking of what to feature in today's music post, and it being Waitangi Day, I thought of Bunny.

Among the songs he was best known for was Take the Money and Run.  You'll notice the US references in the lyrics – but this was a New Zealand hit from 1972.  This is not to be confused with a song by the Steve Miller Band with the same title.

He was just a little man, he lead a lonely life
Working at a bank in Santa Fe
She was raised in luxury, a wealthy rancher's wife
And he fell for all her evil ways

[Chorus]
He said: I'll take the money and I'll run to you, honey
Wait and see
And as we hit the road down to Mexico
We're gonna be free
And as the sun goes down we'll find a little town
And forget about the things we've done

You know I love you so
I'll take the money and run

To hear this song, head on over to this YouTube clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers