Wednesday 17 August 2016

Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson



Somewhere in France is described in its blurb as being 'utterly engaging and richly satisfying' and as 'fans of Downton Abbey will devour this novel'.  I agree with both statements.  This book is not high literature – there is a bit of suspension of disbelief required.  The heroine is the daughter of an Earl who ends up falling out with her family and going to France as an ambulance driver during the First World War.

I won't say anything more to spoil the story for you but there is romance involved.  I woofed this book up so can recommend it to you. 

I got this out from the library because I had enjoyed Moonlight Over Paris.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I've read something by this author before....mmmm not sure. But thanks for sharing! Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and liked the setting. There are so many ways and perspectives and aspects to wars it is unbelievable. Every new book throws out something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might see if our library has this as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers