Saturday 11 June 2016

The Things We Keep by Sally Hepworth



First, a big thank you to Kristin of Always with a Bookher review caused me to get this book – and it was a fantastic recommendation. 

I will never regret reading this book – although the subject matter sounds very sad -  in fact it gave me some real insight into people with dementia and their carers.  That all sounds very worthy – and I suppose it is – but it is also very entertaining.

There is also a secondary story line about a woman whose husband commits suicide – a bundle of laughs, right – well no, but it is integrated into the story in a meaningful way.

I agree with Kristin that this book is 'absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful… thought provoking… and a compelling read'

Everyone should read this book – and for anyone caring for someone losing their marbles, it is just about mandatory.

This book is not a weepie despite what I have said about it.  And it is a must read – even though the author is Australian (just joking!)

2 comments:

  1. This one I liked very much. So emotional and so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review and I agree with everything you said!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers