Sunday 27 March 2016

Char Siu Pork with Plum Sauce glaze



Carole's Chatter: Char Siu Pork with Plum Sauce glaze

Earlier this month I did an easy Char Siu Pork  This post builds on that but adds a glaze of a bought Chinese Plum Sauce.  Interestingly the sauce is not red but a translucent blush colour and tastes quite gingery.

So the Chinese sauces you need to use for this are Char Siu Sauce and Plum Sauce – I found them in the Asian section of the supermarket.

So I painted the pork slices with the Char Siu sauce – using about half the quantity that I used the first time.  I let the pork marinate for a few hours. 

I cooked the pork in the oven low and slow – don't worry it will still brown and the pork will remain tender.  With about 20 minutes to go paint the plum sauce onto the pork.

Serve the pork with rice and some of the plum sauce on the side.  Yummo!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! How long altogether did you cook it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From memory about 3 and a half hours - but on very low temperature

      Delete
  2. Those Chinese sauces are really useful! This sounds delicious.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks easy and delicious--always a great combination in my book. ;-)
    Aloha--Deb, Kahakai Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's an easy weekend dish if I ever saw one ... most of the work in is the slow oven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes the names of things are different here from your country, is it boneless pork chops or literally just thick cut slabs of a pork roast? I like this slow cooking recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what we call pork slices are slices of boneless pork belly - so it isn't particularly lean.

      Delete
  7. This looks like a fantastic dish, thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers