Monday 7 December 2015

Cry Me A River by Julie London



Now you say, you're lonely
You cry the whole night through
Well, you can cry me a river, cry me a river
I cried a river over you
Now you say, you're sorry
For bein' so untrue
Well, you can cry me a river, cry me a river
I cried a river over you

Cry Me A River is a classic torch song.  This is the song that made Julie London popular.  The song was written in 1955 (a very good year) and has stood the test of time.

London later married the producer of the song (Bobby Troup – who wrote Route 66).

Countless artists have covered this song including Shirley Bassey, Barbra Streisand, Joe Cocker and Diana Krall.

For a little heartbreak go to this YouTube link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers