Saturday 19 December 2015

Can you help with identifying flowers that have sprung up in the garden? (Part I)



We've been in our new home for quite a while now but only recently has the garden burst into life – and there are quite a few flowers and plants that I don't know.  Can you help?

Ok, the flower at the top of the post, I do think I know – hydrangea right?



This one I have no idea what it is!  It is a lovely red and the texture of the petals is velvety.




And there is a profusion of these beauties - whatever they are!



This plant is a bit funny looking – the flower seems to have emerged from a flax like plant.



This is what it looked like just before it bloomed.


And finally, for today, here is a pic of our lovely bird of paradise flowers.  It is so great to have some of these!

Hope you'll be able to help!

6 comments:

  1. The second one looks like some sort of lilly. The third looks like something we call alstroemeria when I worked at the florist. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carlee - the third one is now nailed with your Latin name and Heidi's common name. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Heidi, it does look like that! A trip to South America!

      Delete
  3. I love hydrangias they are one of my favourite flowers, just one in a vase looks stunning. I want some birds of paradise in pots in my front courtyard, they look really modern and artistic and love the hot sun Im told so they should grow well out there :) Sorry cant help with naming your flowers though Im not that much of a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge gardener with lots of knowledge but the top one is definitely hydrangea, next to peonies my favourite flowers.

    Happy New Year,
    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers