Sunday 1 November 2015

Lamb Fillets Marinated in Yoghurt for a Long Time – and My Blog Of The Month

Carole's Chatter: Lamb Fillets Marinated in Yoghurt


I marinaded these lamb fillets for a much longer time than I have ever tried before – for 2 days in total.  And I found that it is indeed true that the lamb becomes tenderer and cooks more quickly.

The marinade:

Greek yoghurt – one small pottle
Cumin – a pinch
Coriander seeds
Garlic oil
Lemon peel
Small sprig of fresh young rosemary
A small amount of chopped fresh mint
Salt and pepper

When ready to cook, I let the lamb come up to room temperature and then seared it quickly in a hot pan before finishing it off for a few minutes in the oven.  Easy peasy.

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm instituting a blog of the month as I go into my 5th year of blogging.  The inaugural blog of the month is The Midnight Baker. Judy is a retired mechanical engineer who is now a cookbook writer and photographer.  Her food looks, and is, spectacular.  I suggest you check her blog out.  If you don't have time right now, you'll find My Blog of the Month over in the sidebar for you to click through later in the month.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how we love lamb! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is perfect for the coming summer weather here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally found a store that sells lamb, so I am excited to try some recipes soon! First I need to figure out how to be sure I am buying a good piece of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole,
    Your Lamb Fillets look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers