Tuesday 21 July 2015

The Dandelion Years by Erica James


I wanted something light and entertaining to read and thanks to Chloe's Chick Lit Reviews, I discovered The Dandelion Years.  It's the first book I've read by Erica James but I suspect it won't be the last.

I'm not normally big on books that flip between different times but this one was done so skilfully that it never felt at all forced or weird.

It helped massively too that the story within the story was set in Bletchley Park (of Enigma fame).

I truly enjoyed this book – I was hooked from the very first and would have been quite happy for the book to have been a lot longer - it's just under 400 pages.  I recommend this to you when you need a bit of a lift.

And when you read it, you'll realise why the concept of The Dandelion Years, is so very true.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm always happy to find a good new author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers