Saturday 6 June 2015

The Churchill Factor by Boris Johnson


A Wise colleague of mine recommended The Churchill Factor by Boris Johnson to me.  It is not my usual sort of thing – particularly as it is written by a politician.  But I gave it a go and was actually very impressed.

If you would like to learn a bit more about Churchill in a low key, not particularly political way, this book is for you.  I know of the author as the Lord Mayor of London of course and was a bit worried that the book would all be about him – but if it was, I missed it!

The book has been described as "scholarly but not pedantic, pacy but not lightweight".  I agree.  It was not a traditionally arranged biography but explored the great man through various lenses. 

If you are interested in British history or in what makes a great man tick, do read it.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers