Wednesday 20 May 2015

Hello from the Gillespies by Monica McInerney



I have read a few of Monica McInerney's books and have always enjoyed them.  Hello from the Gillespies was no exception.

The book is mostly set in Australia but there are small US and Irish elements.  Despite one or two points where the plot stretched a bit too far, this book drew me right in and hooked me emotionally.

I don't believe in spoilers so I won't give anything away except to say that the title comes from the heading on each Christmas letter the mother of the family sent for over 30 years.

Thank you to Chick Lit Plus, A Bookish Affair and Books I Think You Should Read for their posts about this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers