Saturday 4 April 2015

The Woman Who Stole My Life by Marian Keyes – but be warned!



I almost decided not to post about The Woman Who Stole My Life by Marian Keyes.  It's an entertaining book with an interesting premise …. But, I was so disappointed that author chose to include a couple of completely unnecessary Fifty Shades Of Grey (lite) scenes.  This was not at all necessary for the storyline and I imagine they were included at the request of the publisher to 'spice the book up'.

Putting my whinge to one side, the rest of the book was a good read.  I didn't like the name of the male protagonist – Mannix – but maybe it is a common Irish name?

2 comments:

  1. Manix is a French brand of condoms so that made me giggle, in light of the 50 Shades comment !! (Sorry, lowering the tone again !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, Cheryl! Doesn't sound like one I would like. I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers