Sunday 19 April 2015

Lemon Butter Chicken

Carole's Chatter: Lemon Butter Chicken


A big thank you to Judith at The Midnight Baker for this dish.  Her post about it is here. Her dish looked much nicer than mine!

First prepare the chicken.  I had 2 chicken breasts which I tried to butterfly with partial success.  I then pounded them with a pestle wrapped in cling film so they weren't too thick.  Each piece of chicken then looked rather large so I cut them in half.

Judith dredged her chicken in seasoned flour – I used seasoned cornflour (didn't have any flour on hand).  My seasoning was salt, lashings of pepper and some dried lemon zest to make up for the lack of lemon pepper)

The next things to prepare are the lemons – 2 lemons – I used half of one to create about 2 tablespoons of juice and then thinly sliced the rest by hand.

Add a splosh of white wine to the lemon juice and keep for using a bit later.

From there all you need is butter – and yes it has to be butter.

Heat your butter in a frying pan/skillet til it is bubbling and starting to go a bit brown, then brown your chicken on each side.  Either ensure that the chicken is cooked through in the pan or finish it in a moderate oven.

Keep the chicken warm while you then brown your slices of lemon in the butter – arrange them on top of the chicken when it's done.  Then add your lemon juice/wine mixture to the butter and let it bubble away for a couple of minutes before pouring it over the chicken and lemon.  I used a few chopped chives for garnish.

7 comments:

  1. I love the combination of lemon and chicken. Sometimes use thin slices of preserved salted lemon, and this would be lovely I'm sure. We've got a lemon tree that bears about year round, so always plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemons and that lemon with chicken looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. I think your looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks tasty :)

    Happy weekend cooking,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your dish looks famn good! I would be happy to be invited over for this chicken dinner. Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers