Thursday 4 December 2014

My Hot Toddy


When I feel miserable with a cold I treat myself with my own version of a Hot Toddy.  I'm not sure it is effective at all as a cure but it does tend to make you forget your woes for a wee while.

Ingredients:

Juice of a lemon
2 spoonfuls of honey
Big splosh of brandy or cognac (you might prefer whiskey)
2 soluble aspirins
Hot water

And that's it – simple but very comforting.  The pic in this post was borrowed – my version is just done in an ordinary mug – and when I'm doing it I'm generally not feeling up to faffing around with my camera.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Carole, This does sound like it would be soothing after the hustle and bustle of this time of year. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. there was a show on American TV called "The Beverly Hillbillies". I think the Grandmother made something a bit stronger, but she would say "it might not sure what ails me, but it makes having it a pleasure!"...I think your hot toddy would do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Mom use to give us equal parts honey, lemon and whiskey for a cough suppressant and I loved it! didn't really stop the cough though.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers