Monday 27 October 2014

Heartbreak Hotel



Well, since my baby left me
Well, I found a new place to dwell
Well, it's down at the end of Lonely Street
At Heartbreak Hotel
Where I'll be--where I get so lonely, baby
Well, I'm so lonely
I get so lonely, I could die

Although it's always crowded
You still can find some room
For broken-hearted lovers
To cry there in the gloom
And be so, where they'll be so lonely, baby
Well, they're so lonely
They'll be so lonely, they could die

A real classic for you today – Heartbreak Hotel sung by Elvis the Pelvis.  It's hard to believe it goes right back to 1956.  No wonder I feel like I've always known the song.

The song's writers offered it to another artist first who declined it!  Bad call!

If you want your fix of Elvis for the day, head on over to this YouTube clip

1 comment:

  1. It's always good to listen to the king of rock n roll, Carole.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers