Tuesday 5 August 2014

Slow cooked Lamb Shoulder Chops


Slow cooked Lamb Shoulder Chops by Carole's Chatter


These succulent Slow cooked Lamb Shoulder Chops were a doddle to make – and ended up so tasty too!
I just put some oil (neutral) and a little garlic infused olive oil into the bottom of the slow cooker.  Then I sliced a potato up and put it as a layer on the bottom.  Then I seasoned the potatoes with salt and pepper
Next the lamb chops went on in a single layer.  These were shoulder chops – a cheaper cut that needs slow cooking.
I put 2 anchovy fillets on the top of each chop together with salt and pepper and dried rosemary.
The last touch was a soupcon of white wine into the bottom (say 3 tablespoons or so)
I let it cook on high for 1 hour and then let it look after itself on low for 5 hours or so.  I did turn the chops over once during the cooking.
Easy and very delicious!  That garnish is just some of the green tops of a spring onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers