Tuesday 1 July 2014

Leftover Chicken Salad


Leftover Chicken Salad by Carole's Chatter
 
This Leftover Chicken Salad was done with a view to using some leftovers in an interesting way.
I put some leftover roasted capsicum, garlic cloves, roasted onion (brown and red), cubed roast potatoes into a pan and sprinkled them with onion salt, turmeric, thyme (dried), cayenne pepper and olive oil.  I heated it till it was just warm but not hot.
Leftover Chicken Salad by Carole's Chatter
 
The rest of the salad was made up of: 

Torn lettuce
Cherry tomatoes
Spring onion (scallion)
Radishes
Leftover Chicken Schnitzel cubed 

I just mixed the 2 lots of ingredients together in a bowl.
I used a store bought dressing – Paul Newman Creamy Caesar – but added crushed roast garlic to it – also a leftover.  The dressing was a bit naughty but made a nice contrast with the textures of the salad.
I served the salad picnic style in little paper boxes.  This salad would have been perfect in my opinion if it had also had avocado in it – but I didn't have any that were ripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers