Tuesday 22 July 2014

Bok Choy Chilli Eggs

 
Bok Choy Chilli Eggs by Carole's Chatter


I had a lot of Bok Choy so I invented these Bok Choy Chilli Eggs.
I prepared the bok choy by cutting up the stalks into small slices while leaving the leaves in larger pieces.
First I heated a mix of garlic infused olive oil, canola oil and sesame oil (not much of that) in a pan and then added the sliced stalks and chopped chilli.  After 3 or 4 minutes I added the bok choy leaves.
Then I poured whisked eggs (with a teaspoon of water and lashings of white pepper) over the chilli and bok choy.
It is important not to overcook the eggs.  You need to serve them immediately they start to set.  I find it is better to cook the eggs as slowly as you can by taking them off the heat for a minute before putting them back on again.  
Right at the moment you need to serve add your salt to taste.  We had this for lunch but it would equally make a good breakfast. 
This is a low FODMAP dish.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent and healthy. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm~ it looks so good and also healthy. It's very ideal for my breakfast. Great invention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I also had a lot of bok choy yesterday, so I dry grilled it in a griddle pan, chopped it up, and used it in place of lettuce in a Vietnamese rice noodle salad with mint, basil & cilantro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've never had bok choy! This is a great idea for an easy lunch.
    Thanks for linking this week, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to have this for lunch...looks great, and so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers