Tuesday 24 June 2014

Leftover Steak on Buttered Leeks


Leftover  Steak on Buttered Leeks by Carole's Chatter

So I was left with half a piece of steak.  I hate waste but it wasn't enough on its own to make a lunch for two – even a light lunch.
I had a leek as well – so I washed it (doesn't the grit just hide in them) and sliced it.  I sautéed it in butter until the leek was almost but not quite soft.  Then into an oven dish with the steak sliced up on top – with salt and pepper, some grated cheese and paprika and a litte cayenne pepper.  A splosh of white win and then I just baked it until it was warm and the cheese had melted. 
It was a yummy lunch.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE leeks but I never would have thought to serve them this way! This looks PHENOMENAL! & holey cow, that's HALF a piece of steak?! I need to come eat at your house! :) While I'm here, I'd love to invite you to come share your recipe PINS to my Pinterest party. :) You link up your pins & I repin them to a massive group board of active pinners! Here's this week's party: http://www.anyonita-nibbles.co.uk/2014/06/10-unconventional-delicious-4th-july-foods.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only discovered leeks about a year or so ago, but I have come to love them...despite their grit problems. This is a fantastic use for a small amount of leftovers. Very clever. I hate waste too.
    Thanks for sharing, Carole!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers