Wednesday 4 June 2014

Books You Loved: June Edition


Books You Loved – May Edition resulted in another interesting 'library' of books.  Before getting to the new collection, here are a few of the reviews that particularly caught my eye.  To check out the other books in the May Edition you could head over to this Pinboard.
Me!!! Gave us a review of Me Before You by Jo Jo Moyes.  She said 'I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a thought-provoking story that will put them into a situation they might not have given much thought to before. Just be prepared to be consumed....'
The Steadfast Reader and Doing Dewey both linked in reviews of The Word Exchange.  April (Steadfast Reader) said 'This might be the best book I've read in years. This is the kind of book that I want to hand out on street corners.' The Doing Dewey review said 'This book uses words in the most fantastic and beautiful of ways. It made me think, it made me work, and it completely won me over. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book crafted with more attention to detail and it was a joy to read.'
Michelle of Jarrah Jungle reviewed The All You Can Dream Buffet by Barbara O'Neale.  She said 'I recommend this book to any bloggers out there I think you will really relate and appreciate the friendships formed from blogging and how strangers can come together with a common and passionate interest - in this case it was food and blogging!'
Books on the Table brought us an interesting non fiction book – essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown.  The review said 'I read it in one sitting, underlining and turning down pages as I read. The book resonated with me in a way that no business book ever has….McKeown’s book shows us how to shape a life that is filled with meaningful activity.' 

It's easy to add to the June collection.  Just pop the name of the book (plus your blog name/name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then paste the url for your post about it into the second one.  I'll be pinning the links to this Pinboard.  This will make it easy for you to check out the links at a glance and choose which reviews you want to read.
I hope you'll find lots of great books to read or re-read.

27 comments:

  1. thanks for the heads up. my fav this past month out of 65 books was 'heart shaped rock'. didn't think i was gonna like it, mostly YA but so much more, glad i stuck through it to the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, I've released my first non-fiction book! PRAY OF QUIET is truly a book from my heart! Thanks for letting me post it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your review of Still Life with Bread Crumbs….I'm always intrigued by reviews where you can't reveal much about the plot - means surprises to me! My aunt has been reading lots of Quindlen lately and said I should give her a shot…maybe I'll try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All she did was bring home one little lost chicken. You won't believe what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added mine--Fair Play by the fabulous Deeanne Gist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this wonderful feature, Carole! I've added my link. I will visit some of the other links soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved Me Before You too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished this book this month as well, a tear jerker but I loved it!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for another great link up to find more great books and blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who loves books will love Goodnight June by Sarah Jio. An ode to childhood memories and a love of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading lots of books this month and have linked up 3 of my book reviews. They all rated pretty highly with me and Id recommend all of them. Thanks for hosting Carole :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the feature on my last months review - The All You Can Dream Buffett. Its definately a read for food and lifestyle bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo jo Meyes is an author I've still to get to. Not read a single one of the books and the list keeps growing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting, Carole! So many good books this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was an easy choice this month, after wanting to give Into The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes 5 1/2 stars immediately after finishing it. I've linked it above and hopefully other readers will discover it for themselves. It's a dark thriller though, so beware!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this meme, Carole, as always. I'm back with several entries.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carole,
    I'm hosting my first of few giveaways for USA and Canada only, starts at midnight tonight until 6/13.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read some wonderful books in the last month, but three in particular stood out: Claire of the Sea Light by Edwidge Danticat, The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly, and Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. since I can't possibly choose between them, I've linked all three! (Sorry, I accidentally linked Claire twice.) Cheers and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Last Time I Saw You introduced me to a new fresh voice in women's fiction. I look forward to reading more from Eleanor Moran.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've not read any books that I LOVED lately but The Widow Waltz is a perfect summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Carole. I enjoyed Me Before You as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another month, another great list of books.

    I look forward to this every month.

    THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list of books :) thanks Carole

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favourite book last month was the new Pulitzer Prize winner, "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. Sorry I only managed to enter it in the middle of the month, I have not been well lately.

    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello there, Carole,
    I've been reading some really good books this month, but I haven't actually chosen my Best Book of the Month yet. I'll be back to post my link a little later on in the month - see you later! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Carole,
    I had thought I had already posted the link to my best book of the month of June, but apparently not. So...here we are! Finally ;) Better late than never! :) Love this monthly post! See you in July, Carole :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers