Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion


The Rosie Project
 
I ordered The Rosie Project from the library ages ago because of reading various blog reviews of it.  By the time it came available I had pretty much forgotten what it was about.
So it took me a few pages to realise just how clever the book was.  It lets you inside the head of someone who is clearly somewhere on the autism scale (at the Aspergers end) but who doesn't label himself as that.  The hero knows he is different from other people but as a scientist he mostly puts it down to him being rational.
I enjoyed his Wife Project quest – which was, of course, doomed to failure.  One of the characters didn't quite work for me – the hero's 'friend' Gene – he was a bit too cartoonish for me.
It's a fun and quick read. There are some real laugh out loud moments in this book.  There is no explicit sex in the book but there are occasional swear words.
In real life the author  is a former IT consultant married to a professor of psychiatry who writes erotic fiction!  This is his first novel.  I hope he writes some more books – and leaves the x rated stuff to his wife!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this -- there have been so many positive reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole...are you on Goodreads? I'd like to "follow" you if you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realle enjoyed this book, too, I thought it was highly enjoyable and a little bit thought-provoking too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard good things about this book. Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Entry

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers