Monday 31 March 2014

Hayley Westenra


Hayley Westenra

I have an admission to make.  I don't really listen much to Hayley Westenra.  But one of my blog friends really likes her work and Hayley is from New Zealand so I thought I would post about her.
Hayley is what's known as a Classical Crossover artist – which means that she is classically trained but sings things people like!  She is a UNICEF ambassador – the second youngest ever - which is fantastic.

On 10 April she'll be 27 years old.  Her breakthrough album internationally was Pure.  A women's mag said she got married last December but her father has said that was not true… a mystery….
If you would like to hear her special rendition of Amazing Grace, go over to this YouTube clip.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Carole! I adooore Hayle! :-) Her voice is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley is one of my Hubby's favorite singers...he plays Amazing Grace over & over!! I hope those who haven't heard of her will go to the link you put in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE HAYLEY WESTENRA!!! She makes me cry, seriously, her voice is so gorgeous. Yay :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers