Sunday 16 March 2014

Cheese Stuffed Tomato Bites


 
I was quite proud of these Cheese Stuffed Tomato Bites – rather more pretty food than I often manage that also tasted good.
You just cut the top off some cherry tomatoes – but don't throw it away – you pop it back on as a sort of hat once you have stuffed the tomatoes.

You have to take the pulp out of the tomatoes – which is a bit fiddly – I mostly used a small teaspoon and my fingers.
The stuffing was a mix of:

Soft cheese – this time herb/garlic cheese
Crème fraiche
Mayonnaise
Salt and white pepper
Some onion powder and dried chives
A teensy tiny touch of cayenne pepper. 

These would be a good finger food for a party.

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. They look lovely. Kind of makes me wish I enjoyed eating raw tomatoes, but alas popping a cherry tomato in my mouth (even one filled with cheese) just isn't my "thing".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are so cute! What a great party treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look cute. Love the little hats :). I'll have to remember this next time I need some appetizers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing I love more than tomatoes and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, Carole. I can't wait for tomato season. I always have an abundance of cherry tomatoes...I will try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking. I've been thinking about this since you posted. I may have to buy tomatoes b/c waiting for my garden will take too long!

      Delete
  6. Oh I love these! And yes, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty; they'd be lovely at a tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy. I do have a box of tiny tomatoes. Must try. These can't be too fattening ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, they look so cute. Gorgeous idea for a party pass-around.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers