Monday 23 December 2013

Tower of Song – Leonard Cohen

Tower-of-Song-Leonard-Cohen-modest-witty


Around the time this song was written Cohen was viewing himself as a whiskey drinking Zen monk.  I wasn’t at all attracted to his work in the 80’s.  I have come to appreciate it late.  Tower of Song is a modest witty song.

'My friends are gone and my hair is grey
I ache in the places where I used to play
And I'm crazy for love but I'm not coming on
I'm just paying my rent every day
In the Tower of Song”

 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of Leonard Cohen, and he always sounds like a nice chap, so I enjoyed reading this.
    Happy Christmas to you Carole, and look forward to more great blogging and books we love in 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers